AC compressor pressure switch, single pin?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once pressure reduced it resets. It a failsafe if cycling switch fails.
Kinda - the cycling switch protects against too low pressure and then, lack of oil circulation. The High Pressure switch in the back of the compressor protects against too high pressure which may burst hoses or other stuff.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
High Pressure Cutoff Switch: Normally closed, opens at 410-450 psi to interrupt voltage to compressor coil.
Pressure Cycling Switch: Main function to control refrigeration cycle and provide freeze protection on low , suction side.
What I said, is exactly this, ^.
I added the " also " for clarity.
Where does the FSM discus oil during operation, except part replacement, or initial service?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where does the FSM discus oil during operation, except part replacement, or initial service?
FSM may not but common sense does. If you have a leak and lose all the refrigerant, you'll run the compressor without any lubrication. The Low Pressure cycling switch will eliminate that possibility.

shadow3

Reaction score
Can u attach a link to this kit, I’m trying to find it. Thanks.
The new switches are all 2 pins. One wire attaches to the original wire and the other goes to ground. JUST went through this with my 90 when converting to R134. Got mine at Advance auto 'cause I get a discount through my work place. I got the "kit" with the correct connector.

Ken

shadow3

Reaction score
I have a question, so my 93 has the switch in the back on its compressor and has the max button. I pulled another compressor off a parts truck to replace it as I think it’s weak, however that truck also has the recirc button but the compressor has no switch or place or slug in the back to replace it, so what do I do? Will it work if I just plug it up and don’t plug back in the switch?