A/C Blower 1998 K1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotrod27

Reaction score
I have taken the dash apart and I had one door that wasn't in place. i have checked the actuators and they all seem to be working. The blower motor blows like crazy but the output through the vents seems about half of what it should be. It is not enough to keep you cool on a hot day. Ideas?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How do the damper seals look? They usually rot along the perimeter, leaking air. Here’s one - new on left, old on right. The others degrade similarly.

You must be registered for see images attach

Is the evaporator clean?

It’s not as good a system as the next generation was in terms of air flow. Try running it without the dash bezel in place and you can see how much of a drop is caused by the dash vents alone (95+). The rubber duct seals on the back of the bezel vents can be another leak source if they tear.

Anyways, replacing any leaking dampers and cleaning the evaporator up should help get you into “as good as it gets” territory.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Is the evaporator clean?
This is the most likely suspect. By this time almost none of them are clean, unless they've been replaced or cleaned recently.

The mud that forms as dust hits the wet fins cakes up in there and is hell on the airflow.

OP just remember that the blower motor's path goes straight through the evaporator core regardless of your settings, so clogged evap fins will hurt airflow 100% of the time.

Richard