98 rear entry seat won't slide all the way forward

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello. I have a 98 extended cab Cheyenne 2 door, and my passenger seat won't slide all the way forward. I can manually move the bracket to get it to slide all the way up, but it won't do it when you just pull the lever. Anyone know what I should be looking for to fix it? Thought I saw a pic in another thread, but I can't find it now and I am new to the site and don't know how to search for specifics yet. Thanks in advance.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you tilt the back of the seat forward, it pulls a thin cable, and this pulls and releases the lock on the base bracket allowing the seat section to move. Check to see that all of this is working as it should including the handle. Keep in mind, its its top leaver that is on the the seat back top section that releases the top for the set base to slide back and forth.
You must be registered for see images attach

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Another thing to check- make sure the front floor bolts on the seat track are tight. I had something like this years ago on my 98, I think a bolt had loosened and the seat tracks weren’t exactly parallel anymore.