98 K2500 suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joog

Reaction score
I was looking at lifting a k2500 and I have a question about what is all needed. My problem is I DO NOT want a Rough Country kit. Is it possible to piece together a lift by myself for a 5-6 inch lift? What parts do you recommend? What is necessary?

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What’s wrong with Rough Country? They are decent lifts. Summit used to sell individual boxes but not sure if they still do. Better off just getting a complete kit.

joog

Reaction score
Bds is the best lift kit in my opinion. I use thier replacement rear leaf springs with a taller arch instead of blocks. No you can’t really piece together a real suspension lift.
Sadly bds does not make a kit for a 98 k2500.

joog

Reaction score
What’s wrong with Rough Country? They are decent lifts. Summit used to sell individual boxes but not sure if they still do. Better off just getting a complete kit.
I remember when RC was a low budget junkier brand. Still has that reputation to me.

svrh89

Reaction score
i have a tuff country lift in mine. drives real smooth I haven't seen any issues w/ it. however, I bought it already lifted so idk what kind of kinks had to be worked out. but it is a one piece for the front whole rough country is a 2 piece i believe.

I did want to throw in an edit that although my lift has been solid; I do intend to upgrade mine with drop shackles to eliminate the 5 inch block under my leaf springs. only thing I would change but that is just a personal preference for me.

joog

Reaction score
i have a tuff country lift in mine. drives real smooth I haven't seen any issues w/ it. however, I bought it already lifted so idk what kind of kinks had to be worked out. but it is a one piece for the front whole rough country is a 2 piece i believe.

I did want to throw in an edit that although my lift has been solid; I do intend to upgrade mine with drop shackles to eliminate the 5 inch block under my leaf springs. only thing I would change but that is just a personal preference for me.
There's two kits I am looking at. First one is a skyjacker kit, which would be a very nice kit but that shows in the pricing. Then there's a company down in Mississippi that custom builds kits for 98 k2500s with the bilstein shocks I was looking at. I don't know the pricing on that one but it seems tempting.