97 5.7 4l60e 0411 Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Safuez

Reaction score
I had some troubles initially due to me unpinning the entire of C1 Connector on the black box and so far I’ve been just trying to piece together what does what. Had initially a crank sensor issue figured that out. Then VSS Sensor was incorrectly pinned figured that out tonight. Now my issue is my truck doesn’t have any front o2 sensors and most of the o2 sensors I’ve had are currently depinned. Pretty damn stupid on my part. But truck runs and drives. Was blinking the engine light assuming a misfire. Main point is I need these o2 sensors, what brand and placement area yall recommend. I got longtube jegs TBI headers and 0 Cats. the downstream o2s are still in exhaust, just not pinned to ecm, another issue is I don’t really understand the naming of o2 sensors and not familiar at all with low banks high banks banks 1 and 2 etc, downstreams pretty common sense I think.
Any help is appreciated to get this thing running safe and right.
I will unfortunately have to daily drive it like this the rest of the week.

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
B1S1 is bank 1 sensor 1, or drivers side precat. B1S2 is drivers post cat. I like Bosch o2s but I just bought 2 that were dead out of the box and having a hard time getting my money back, so I bought some AC Delco's. I think you will be okay running without them as your computer will run open loop not seeing them and revert to basic tables. I assume your headers have o2 bungs? If so place your B1S1 and B2S1 o2's there. They have to be narrow band and your wide bands (if you opt for those) will need new bungs close to those. I have been really fighting my swap so if you have any questions DM me (click on my name and start conversation, took me a couple to figure that out).