95 454 suburban cutting out under throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lk05

Reaction score
I have recently picked up 454 suburban with an odd timing/fueling issue. The guy I bought it front said it had an intermittent miss but not every time he drove it. I haven’t drive around much other than off the trailer but I seemed to run just fine then, but I started it the other day and if I rev it up in just park it wanted to stumble over and live cut out. After idling for maybe 5 minutes the idle raised probably 500 rpm for a few seconds then dropped back down. I know before I bought it he had replaced, dizzy (whole distributor, cap, rotor, icm), plugs, wires, Egr, tbi sensors, fuel filter, both coolant sensors, and who knows what else. I haven’t checked the o2 sensor yet but I will probably change it in the next coming days along with rebuilding the tbi and upping the fuel pressure spring. Any help would be greatly appreciated, just wanting to get the big momma on the road for some cruising, thanks!

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From all the pieces that have been thrown at this truck and still not fixed ? I'd begin with looking at battery connections and grounds. Make sure all are clean and tight and see if this corrects or changes problem. It would also help if skip or misfire was specific to certain cylinders. Make sure fuel pressure is good, specs. can be located in sticky threads above in 88-98 service manuals look in fuel and emissions manual . If you have access to scanner that info/data can be very useful at looking at before and after you make a repair and a dvm to ck voltages/resistances before and after and also to compare with scan data. Good luck