94 c1500 5.7l w/ 4l60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Agray24

Reaction score
Hi all! I have a 94 c1500 with the 4l60e transmission, maybe has 20k miles on reman, barely shifts into reverse and slipping between 1-2/2-3 and can’t get it into overdrive, seems to do better when manually shifting, I assume I need another trans, but I want to try and fix this first, this is my 3rd reman trans and was hoping it might be something simpler, thanks in advance!

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I have a 94 c1500 with the 4l60e transmission, maybe has 20k miles on reman, barely shifts into reverse and slipping between 1-2/2-3 and can’t get it into overdrive, seems to do better when manually shifting, I assume I need another trans, but I want to try and fix this first, this is my 3rd reman trans and was hoping it might be something simpler, thanks in advance!
It's highly unlikely to be something "simple". Do a line pressure test - values should be 55-75 psi when in P, N, D, D3 and 90-120 psi in R; 140-180 psi in manual 2nd or low, all at idle. Then put it into reverse, watch the gauge. Pressure should spike up to 150-175ish psi. If it does and you're slipping yank it out for overhaul.

If they are low across the board, drop the pan and continuity test the Electronic pressure control solenoid. Resistance should be between 4-5.5 ohms. If the EPC checks good, put the pan back on with a few bolts and yank it out for overhaul.

Agray24

Reaction score
It's highly unlikely to be something "simple". Do a line pressure test - values should be 55-75 psi when in P, N, D, D3 and 90-120 psi in R; 140-180 psi in manual 2nd or low, all at idle. Then put it into reverse, watch the gauge. Pressure should spike up to 150-175ish psi. If it does and you're slipping yank it out for overhaul.

If they are low across the board, drop the pan and continuity test the Electronic pressure control solenoid. Resistance should be between 4-5.5 ohms. If the EPC checks good, put the pan back on with a few bolts and yank it out for overhaul.
Thank you I’ll have to give those tests a shot!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtojrr