89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man nothing like new parts!!! plugging along is paying off, thats all we can do at times... so the 4x4's brake lines going from hard line to caliper just hang out? I do see where the line is pre-bent steel or stainless going to the caliper... Love the rotors!!

Looks great, should hold him for a little while huh?!!
Yeah I’m happy with those brake lines, it should be roadworthy for a while.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We got started on the new truck by changing the fluids in the transmission, transfer case and both differentials. We also have the engine ready to come out, so it should be out in the next couple of days. The truck has almost 300k miles and it’s showing its age in some areas more than others. I happened upon some parts on marketplace for a really good deal today, so “project creep” has commenced.
Hopefully this rabbit hole isn’t too deep. Stay tuned.

You must be registered for see images attach

Good looking parts . Yes project creep -we are all certainly guilty lol. I vowed to myself 3 years ago I was just going to take my newly purchased WT / maintenance truck beater , leave it beaten up on the outside and just put an LS in it , get it running and fix the interior to be habitable ......you have followed my build so you know how that turned out lol..... I guess we all cant help it haha- we want something reliable and robust -there are much worse things we could be doing or spending our money on ;) . Enjoy.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went out to the garage this morning to find a small puddle of gear oil under the front diff, so after a couple of hours I got the axle seals changed out and got started on what I set out to do originally.
We rebuilt the lca’s from the 89 and then fought stuck torsion bars. Today was a challenge, but we ended up getting a few things done. We’ll keep plugging along and hopefully have it running next weekend.

Oh yeah… now she’s looking like an Illinois truck!
We got a little time this afternoon and got the motor mounts bolted down
They’re fun. Almost as fun as the bell housing bolts.

Enjoying the progress.