4L60E to NV3500 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VictoryRed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99 Tahoe 5.7 4wd

I’ve seen some write ups on this swap on other forums and didn’t really get what i needed as far as wiring goes what do i need to adapt the nv3500 to the factory harness?

I’m also wondering about trans cooler can i re use the one from the 4L60 do i even need one for a manual?

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99 Tahoe 5.7 4wd

I’ve seen some write ups on this swap on other forums and didn’t really get what i needed as far as wiring goes what do i need to adapt the nv3500 to the factory harness?

I’m also wondering about trans cooler can i re use the one from the 4L60 do i even need one for a manual?

No trans cooler for the NV3500.

Fun fact ... trans coolers on manual transmissions aren't needed outside of the racetrack and require the use of an external pump since there is no pump in the transmission.

VictoryRed

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No trans cooler for the NV3500.

Fun fact ... trans coolers on manual transmissions aren't needed outside of the racetrack and require the use of an external pump since there is no pump in the transmission.
do you by chance know what i need to do as far as wiring goes i know there’s something with a pigtail and that’s about it also wondering about the park neutral safety switch or whatever it’s called.

jjester6000

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you by chance know what i need to do as far as wiring goes i know there’s something with a pigtail and that’s about it also wondering about the park neutral safety switch or whatever it’s called.
I just locked the neutral safety switch in neutral and zip tied it off to the side, also I see that you're located in Illinois.

You don't happen to be the guy on marketplace with the WTB NV3500 in Edelstein are you?

I live in Dunlap.