4l60e decode tag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boneztx

Reaction score
I am needing to replace my bellhousing and want to make sure I get the correct one.
it's out of a
95 GMC Sierra 5.7l c1500
here is a pic of the transmission tag
my bellhousing does not have top hole
will this one work link
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thanks for any help you can give me.
jason

Attachments

• IMG_20240917_231307874.jpg
    IMG_20240917_231307874.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This should help , how to identify.
You must be registered for see images attach

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am needing to replace my bellhousing and want to make sure I get the correct one.
it's out of a
95 GMC Sierra 5.7l c1500
here is a pic of the transmission tag
my bellhousing does not have top hole
will this one work link
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thanks for any help you can give me.
jason
Hey Jason, your link isn't working but no matter - just get a bell housing identical to the one already on your transmission...If you have a 95 and you've swapped in a model year 2000 unit, you'll be looking for the Gen1 SBC-pattern bell which has the Chevrolet corporate bolt pattern but no hole at the 12 o'clock position.

Lastly, you will need a Torx Plus 50 socket - OTC makes them and they're available on eBay for $10-$15 or so...DO NOT attempt to remove the bell housing bolts using a standard Torx T50 socket as you'll strip the bolt heads. You will need a 1/2 battery powered or air-powered impact gun as well as a six-inch long 1/2 drive extension and 1/2-3/8 drive adaptor for best results. Use a little heat on the case side of each bell housing-case bolt prior to each removal attempt.

What is wrong with your current bell housing?