350 tbi air cleaner locating replacement gasket seal for lid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took my tbi air cleaner assembly in to get media blasted and coated . They Mentioned the lid gasket may fall apart during removal it’ seemed like it wanted too as we tried to pry/ peel it out , they’re gonna try to warm it In oven to find out if it will pull out but it’s likely gonna be trashed

Any ideas for online replacement air lid gasket if it’s some type that needs to be gas resistant or something still available in oem form ?

Thanks in advance

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Care to share vehicle info? Is it a secret? I hate to assume it is a 1997 350. Is it?

Might have to make one.

Canadian Rust Bucket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Care to share vehicle info? Is it a secret? I hate to assume it is a 1997 350. Is it?

Might have to make one.
My guess is it's a pre '95, since he did say TBI. They switched to vortec in '96, right?

Agree that he might have to make it, it seems like most aftermarket stuff for our trucks does away with the cold air intake and draws right from the engine bay, eliminating the need for this gasket.

I did some quick searching on the internet, and I found a couple options that might work for us. If you just search "air cleaner lid gasket" you get a plethora of options for older vehicles of different makes and models. So it's a matter of measuring the size of gasket we'll need, and finding one that is at least long enough and the right diameter to seal properly.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Secret no don’t need to be smart that’s where people loose control and go off the deep end .

It is a Tbi as stated tbi is a tbi all day they’re not hard to identify when mentioning an air cleaner . Vortecs use top hats carbs use open element air cleaners

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My guess is it's a pre '95, since he did say TBI. They switched to vortec in '96, right?

Agree that he might have to make it, it seems like most aftermarket stuff for our trucks does away with the cold air intake and draws right from the engine bay, eliminating the need for this gasket.

I did some quick searching on the internet, and I found a couple options that might work for us. If you just search "air cleaner lid gasket" you get a plethora of options for older vehicles of different makes and models. So it's a matter of measuring the size of gasket we'll need, and finding one that is at least long enough and the right diameter to seal properly.
Thanks for the info .. I assumed I could use something just wasn’t sure what’s and if it was specific or special materials needed being around gas and oils

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Secret no don’t need to be smart that’s where people loose control and go off the deep end .

It is a Tbi as stated tbi is a tbi all day they’re not hard to identify when mentioning an air cleaner . Vortecs use top hats carbs use open element air cleaners
I know a 1997 is the vortec. You said tbi and showed owning a 1997. Confused.

I don't know 100% for sure but I think a TBI for a 5.7 vs. a 7.4 is a different size? That is why I asked for the info. Some shared info may or may not be pertinent or correct. As I said, I don't like to assume.

It's ok. Thin skin is thin skin.