350 stroker build (ca smog legal?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rgraves66

Reaction score
If it has a CARB EO you can run it. There are cams that have it, my Summit Racing Aluminum Heads (made by Trick Flow), and my shorty headers all have one.
I talked to summit they said they have no cams that are CARB approved. Do you know if one I can use?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I talked to summit they said they have no cams that are CARB approved. Do you know if one I can use?
I don't know who you talked to but, here's some. Maybe because they're flat tappet?

www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/camshaft-kits/emissions/california-eo-approved

In California ??
Yep, just before we moved here to AZ who also has emissions requirements

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The referees don't know that :rolleyes:
That is my point, if the grind is tame enough to run well without raising any kind of red flags that it is cammed, the numbers stamped or written on the cam will never be seen by anyone. The only way to know a truck has a HT383E is to remove the alternator bracket and read the suffix codes. The PCM basically just sees it as an air hungry 350. The MAF measures the added airflow, the 02s sniff the exhaust gases and the PCM keeps the air/fuel ratio what it was stock.