34-1/16 x 19-7/16 x 2-3/16 radiator upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a SPECTRA PREMIUM CU1696 radiator for my 98 (actually a 2000) tahoe.
after running it for awhile will pair with a GMB 1301820P High Performance water pump.I looked through the upgrade threads and still have a more specific question for me.I have the 34x17x 1 inch + core?

I have E fans so I don't need a shroud also not sure of the part # for the inverted flare for trans line's but
do I need to get rubber isolators and upper mounting bracket's that came with the bigger rads? or will the stock work?

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bought a SPECTRA PREMIUM CU1696 radiator for my 98 (actually a 2000) tahoe.
after running it for awhile will pair with a GMB 1301820P High Performance water pump.I looked through the upgrade threads and still have a more specific question for me.I have the 34x17x 1 inch + core?

I have E fans so I don't need a shroud also not sure of the part # for the inverted flare for trans line's but
do I need to get rubber isolators and upper mounting bracket's that came with the bigger rads? or will the stock work?

You will likely need the larger brackets. There are two different styles though. One style for the 17" tall radiator and the 2nd for a 19" tall radiator. I know I had to get the tall ones for the 34 x 19 that went into my 99 Tahoe. My 99 had a 34 x 17 x 2.25ish from GM. I had to go to the taller radiator to mate with the big block fan shroud on mine. Not sure if those brackets were wider than your brackets or if your old radiator just has a skinnier core with the same tanks.

offroadtahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You will likely need the larger brackets. There are two different styles though. One style for the 17" tall radiator and the 2nd for a 19" tall radiator. I know I had to get the tall ones for the 34 x 19 that went into my 99 Tahoe. My 99 had a 34 x 17 x 2.25ish from GM. I had to go to the taller radiator to mate with the big block fan shroud on mine. Not sure if those brackets were wider than your brackets or if your old radiator just has a skinnier core with the same tanks.
definitely need the taller brackets but the stock rubber mounts seem to work

do you know if the radiator was supposed to come with adapters for the trans cooler lines? the or what adapters i need k1500 threads are bigger then the k3500 radiator?