2WD six lug wheel hubs for 4WD Suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcee98

Reaction score
I’ve got a 98 K1500 (4WD) Suburban I have converted to 2WD. I removed the front differential, driveshaft, and left the stub axles in the hub to prevent bearing failure.

My question is where can I find or what GMT400 truck has 2WD wheel hub bearing assemblies that fit a six lug formerly 4WD truck?

I’ve seen mention of them for this type of conversion but never any specifics.

Arcee98

Reaction score
AFAIK they don't exist. The GMT-400 6 lug 2wd uses a hub/rotor like a car does. A GMT-800 2wd hub might work, never looked into but think need to swap some parts.....

Well that would explain the lack of results! Thanks for the help!

Reason I’m asking is I’m dealing with the common ABS activating at 5-10mph concern and if I needed to replace the hub I’d replace it with a 2WD version.

someotherguy

Even more awesome in person
Reaction score
Time to go down to your local auto parts and have them pull a wheel bearing out for your application, and then pull one for a '99 (GMT800) 2WD Silverado 1500.

They both use a 3 bolt mounting flange, but whether the bore size is the same, offset, etc. I do not know.

1998 K1500
You must be registered for see images attach

1999 Silverado 1500 2WD

Richard

95burban

Friends don’t let friends use spindles.
Reaction score
Prob just go back to the 4wd hub with a stub that way the abs sensor can read the correct abs ring.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m dealing with the common ABS activating at 5-10mph concern and if I needed to replace the hub I’d replace it with a 2WD version.
Or just FIX the ABS. ABS activating at low speed is generally a result of weak wheel speed sensors. You could confirm with a scan tool.

Sometimes, all that is needed is to replace or re-shim the wheel speed sensor(s). Sometimes, the entire hub assembly. I've seen it go both ways--just depends on what is wrong.

Arcee98

Reaction score
Or just FIX the ABS. ABS activating at low speed is generally a result of weak wheel speed sensors. You could confirm with a scan tool.

Sometimes, all that is needed is to replace or re-shim the wheel speed sensor(s). Sometimes, the entire hub assembly. I've seen it go both ways--just depends on what is wrong.

Pardon my bluntness, but you seemed to have misinterpreted my message you quoted.

I do not have 2WD hubs installed and I’m not replacing the hub willy-nilly unless I have to.

I am aware of what it takes to diagnose the issue. The scan tool revealed nothing useful during testing. A multimeter test showed the right front sensor likely has rust buildup or tone ring issue, given I just replaced the right sensor.

Arcee98

Reaction score
Time to go down to your local auto parts and have them pull a wheel bearing out for your application, and then pull one for a '99 (GMT800) 2WD Silverado 1500.

They both use a 3 bolt mounting flange, but whether the bore size is the same, offset, etc. I do not know.

1998 K1500

1999 Silverado 1500 2WD

Richard

Thanks for the potential option!