2wd lift spindles on 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaysumner

Reaction score
i have a 98 silverado 1500 4wd with a 6” rc lift. i am wanting to fix my tie rod angles. as of now they are wearing out fast just don’t like the overall look. was wondering if 2wd lift spindles would fit on my truck.

i do not have my front cv axles,

also if i can use them can i use my 4wd hubs or do i need to get 2wd hubs. as far as i know the only difference is the hole for the cv axle

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
No.

2wd trucks have coil spring suspension with wheel bearings placed on a shaft.
4wd trucks are torsion bar suspension with a hub assembly.
Two completely different animals.

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have a 98 silverado 1500 4wd with a 6” rc lift. i am wanting to fix my tie rod angles. as of now they are wearing out fast just don’t like the overall look. was wondering if 2wd lift spindles would fit on my truck.

i do not have my front cv axles,

also if i can use them can i use my 4wd hubs or do i need to get 2wd hubs. as far as i know the only difference is the hole for the cv axle
Post sone photos? I dont have a lifted OBS at the moment to look at however on some setups you can flip the tie rods by tapering the hole an re mounting in a more flag orientation. I’ve never used a rough country lift, only BDS and Zone.