1500 lift spindles on 3500 hub assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Gonna make a HUGE difference if this is a 2WD or 4WD.

If this is a 4WD, the 3500 upper arms are not going to fit the frame. The 8-lug control arms are wider.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have no idea about 2WD.

I'm thinking--but not sure--that the 5- or 6-lug ball joints will not fit the 8-lug steering knuckle.

I bet you have JN5 brakes. You'll need a different master cylinder to go with the 3500 calipers.

Be sure to aim the headlights afterward.

Upper control arms swap between C1500's and 8 lug C2500/C3500 (6 lug C2500 is the same stamped arm a C1500 comes with; the 8 lug trucks get forged.) The lowers are identical across all 3.

8 lug upper control arms use a different ball joint and it won't fit the lighter spindles. There's a few ways you can go about this. Re-drill the 8 lug upper control arms for C1500 ball joint pattern (I think 2 of the holes are off, not sure) or carefully ream the C1500 spindle for the 8 lug truck's ball joint stud.

*If you weren't trying to retain your C1500 lift spindles, I'd say use the 8 lug truck spindles, brakes, etc..

Richard
Right. Lower arms are same. And like another person commented. If I could use the 1500 spindles why would I have needed. The uppers. Logic. Sometimes we think to hard or too much or not at all lmao. So yeah I'll be needing the 3500 spindles. As of now just because of the hub bearing between them don't match up I wouldn't have been able to make that work anyway. Let alone ball joints . Yeah I plan on using everything from the 3500 other than the lower control arms. I'll probably put it'll on with the stock 3500 spindles. To see where the height is on the front then I'll get the 3 or 4 in lift spindles I don't want crazy height just clearing 33s is all I want . While being the 8 lug all around.

Reaction score
No caster / camber / tie rod / bump steer / handling concerns?

I assume "not", because you didn't mention any, but I'll ask anyway.
That I'll have to find out once I get all the parts on. But from research it should all be able to be adjusted normally . I got a red head steering gear box so handling should be fine. Those are bad ass and I got one get higher so I have easier steering for larger tires and towing needs.