2000 K2500 CCSB - Lower Control Arm bushing replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hope this is in the right place, closest I could find. I’m looking for the correct lower control arm bushings for my 2000 K2500 CCSB. I’m nearing the end of my rebuild and realized I got the wrong kit, although the uppers worked fine. I would prefer a kit, and from a place with expedited shipping, however I’ll take what I can get. Thanks in advance

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Listed at RA and can pay for expedited shipping. IMO, do the whole arm.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
There is no whole lower control arm.
OK, I did look further and found that RA and Parts Geek do not show them at all. As a matter of fact, they show NO LCA. I went to Genuine GM Parts and they are discontinued.

I took the OE GM part #'s and found a set of NOS Genuine GM lower control arms for sale at ebay. Here is the link:

Crazy price at $950 but will likely negotiate but unsure how low they would go. I guess, if you can find the parts to rebuild, that would be less expensive for sure.

The GM part numbers are 15027869 and 15027870

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m looking for the correct lower control arm bushings for my 2000 K2500 CCSB.
WHICH lower control arms does your truck have? There are three styles
1. Stamped arm, ball joint bolts on.
2. Stamped arm, forged ball joint end welded on. Ball joint presses into welded forged end.
3. Fully-forged arm, ball joint presses-into forged arm.

The first two arms use the same Polyurethane bushing inserts. I've bought them from Energy Suspension and from Prothane; and I don't think there's any substantial difference between them. The upper arm bushings don't have the steel sleeves included. I had to fabricate my own. The lower bushing inserts do have the steel sleeves.
www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-3134G-Bushing-Black/dp/B003TPNCKS/ref=sr_1_2?

www.amazon.com/Prothane-7-206-BL-Black-Control-Bushing/dp/B003AVZRU4/ref=sr_1_2?

The fully-forged arms apparently use different Poly bushing inserts, which might be the same as certain Hummer bushings inserts.

Reaction score
I’m not sure which arms I have, however I was able to find the bushings. It’s the rubber only kinds- I accidentally got the kit with all metal sleeves. I’m going to order off of Rock Auto and hopefully get it wrapped up soon. Thank you all

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
WHICH lower control arms does your truck have? There are three styles
1. Stamped arm, ball joint bolts on.
2. Stamped arm, forged ball joint end welded on. Ball joint presses into welded forged end.
3. Fully-forged arm, ball joint presses-into forged arm.

The first two arms use the same Polyurethane bushing inserts. I've bought them from Energy Suspension and from Prothane; and I don't think there's any substantial difference between them. The upper arm bushings don't have the steel sleeves included. I had to fabricate my own. The lower bushing inserts do have the steel sleeves.
www.amazon.com/Energy-Suspension-3-3134G-Bushing-Black/dp/B003TPNCKS/ref=sr_1_2?

www.amazon.com/Prothane-7-206-BL-Black-Control-Bushing/dp/B003AVZRU4/ref=sr_1_2?

The fully-forged arms apparently use different Poly bushing inserts, which might be the same as certain Hummer bushings inserts.
Do you know the reason they produced 3 different arms?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure which arms I have, however I was able to find the bushings. It’s the rubber only kinds
That's what's used by the fully-forged arms. The other two styles have the metal shells over the bushings.

Do you know the reason they produced 3 different arms?
Nope. But GM has a long habit of producing multiple control arms for a given vehicle. My '68 'Camino (GM "A" body) could also have any one of two or three designs of lower control arms--the difference is in the bushing sizing. The least-desirable arms have oval bushings. The most-desirable (stock) arms have round bushings. I can't remember if there are arms with two small round bushings, and arms with bigger round bushings; but at any rate the round bushings are better for handling/braking than the oval bushings.