1999 C3500 CC DRW Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took my "spare" truck an picked up something for this one...

You must be registered for see images attach

I really wanted a newer style one with the frameless windows and/or a flat top but this one was cheap an 8 miles from my shop. It'll do for now after some cleanup and new seals on the front windows. Hopefully the white brightens up some with a good scrubbing.
I can’t decide if I am going to run my topper on my C2500 or my K2500. I picked up that ARE fiberglass cover for the ‘95 specifically, but the topper really looks gaudy on it. Yours looks good! Cheap and free is a good combo. I gave $200 for mine but it was 2 hours away and cold as F the day I picked it up.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a Buick 3800 they are awesome.... :doh2:

In its defense it took maybe 2 hrs to pull apart. Getting the radiator out was the biggest pia. I'm doing a complete cooling system overhaul on it for like $240 or so in parts....

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy a Buick 3800 they are awesome.... :doh2:

In its defense it took maybe 2 hrs to pull apart. Getting the radiator out was the biggest pia. I'm doing a complete cooling system overhaul on it for like $240 or so in parts....
Does it already have the metal coolant bypass elbows on it? The plastic ones crack eventually. I’ve replaced those on 3 impalas for friends.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be cooler if it had a supercharger.
It would, an it would have costed about 3k more too. It's just a beater with a/c....
Does it already have the metal coolant bypass elbows on it? The plastic ones crack eventually. I’ve replaced those on 3 impalas for friends.
It did an those are going back. Looks like the water pump, tensioner bracket an elbows had already been done. The radiator must have been stopped up. It didn't look pretty at all but the engine flushed out pretty quickly with decently cleat water after about 3-4 mins.

Bypassing an saving the heater core replacement for another (cooler) day. Which means it'll be winter when I decide to do it :evillol: