1998 K1500 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
you've gotta be able to hear the trans slip as you haul the ghost trailer away...

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Guess I got a get rid of my tows 2 haha

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Loving the scenery in New Mexico!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Hey y'all! Been a while since I posted last. Well, did two 1,200 mile trips this summer in this beast. Worked all the time and made a good chunk of cash. However, did not have lots of time to put into the truck. I did pick up a grill guard for $50. Has a few dings and scratches and sits a little crooked because my bumper is slightly shifted/bent. But for $50, I can't complain!

Next up is a body lift. Looking at a 3" and then run my 33" Duratracs or trade for some 35" mud/at tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonreichle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really sharp looking truck! when i read your story i laughed really hard at the explorer part.. i had a 93 and it was just terrible, then it hit some black ice and i went over a guard rail... leaving it there. then i bought a lancer.. had that for 10 months? then i bought by 96 chev and ive had it for just over a year... and love it. i almost have the same paint as you, and im about to get some duratracks as well, keep posted with this page id love to see some more pics, and im in grade 12 i know how the high school budget is lol.

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really sharp looking truck! when i read your story i laughed really hard at the explorer part.. i had a 93 and it was just terrible, then it hit some black ice and i went over a guard rail... leaving it there. then i bought a lancer.. had that for 10 months? then i bought by 96 chev and ive had it for just over a year... and love it. i almost have the same paint as you, and im about to get some duratracks as well, keep posted with this page id love to see some more pics, and im in grade 12 i know how the high school budget is lol.

Duratracs are the way to go man! I love my set and would definitely get them again. Haha, good luck to you with the highschool budget. It's tough, but that's what makes it so fun.

Well, about the truck: I nixed the idea of the body lift for now. If I go with it later, it'll be after my Duratracs are worn down a lot more so I can justify getting 35s, haha. About to order some cab lights for my truck. Now, here's the big question: do I want clear lenses or amber lenses? I'm planning on smoking them with plasti-dip (just like I did to my corners). Anyways, if I ever take the smoke/tint look off, would it look better with the amber or clear lenses on the roof? I feel like if I leave everything blacked out except the cab lights, clear would be best, but if I take all the black off my truck, amber would be better.. Opinions??

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Duratracs are the way to go man! I love my set and would definitely get them again. Haha, good luck to you with the highschool budget. It's tough, but that's what makes it so fun.

Well, about the truck: I nixed the idea of the body lift for now. If I go with it later, it'll be after my Duratracs are worn down a lot more so I can justify getting 35s, haha. About to order some cab lights for my truck. Now, here's the big question: do I want clear lenses or amber lenses? I'm planning on smoking them with plasti-dip (just like I did to my corners). Anyways, if I ever take the smoke/tint look off, would it look better with the amber or clear lenses on the roof? I feel like if I leave everything blacked out except the cab lights, clear would be best, but if I take all the black off my truck, amber would be better.. Opinions??
Amber imo