1998 gmc ecsb viper 3105v keyless entry doesent work.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94chevc1500

Reaction score
Hey guys. Working on a 1998 gmc ecsb. I put in a viper 3105v kit. The alarm,unlock and lock chirp, and parking lights all work in sync. My issue is the doors won't lock or unlock. You can hear the viper module clicking but it's not sending power to either blue or green wires. My actuators work with the door panel buttons for the locks it's just the keyless entry. What could it be? Thank you

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Hey guys. Working on a 1998 gmc ecsb. I put in a viper 3105v kit. The alarm,unlock and lock chirp, and parking lights all work in sync. My issue is the doors won't lock or unlock. You can hear the viper module clicking but it's not sending power to either blue or green wires. My actuators work with the door panel buttons for the locks it's just the keyless entry. What could it be? Thank you
May need reprogramming the remotes? Sounds more like a wiring issue though. Or the Viper module may not be working correctly. If it's clicking ,but the lock actuators are not activating, either it's not sending the signal/power to them, or that signal/power is getting lost somewhere between the module and the actuators. Hence a bad wire/s.... module sounds more suspect. Good luck and let us know....

94chevc1500

Reaction score
I tested the connections. It's sending ground to the lock actuators. There is a spot on the module to reverse polarity. I tried that and no clicking no unlock/lock functions. Thinking I mightve gotten a bad module

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That positive pulse on the viper brain is only 500mA. To double check, use a fused constant 12v and see if you can pulse the locks. If it works then just add a couple relays. If not, then I would double check your wiring.....