1998 Chevrolet C1500 Roof

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can someone tell me whether the above referenced vehicle has a single or double wall roof? I am trying to mount a gun rack.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are double layer so long as it's the front cab.... on burbs and hoes there single layer behind the front doors. If you get that rack installed post pics I normally see burbs with anti tank weapons aka Gatlin gun lookin weapon like secret service

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled the headliner out of my 91 rcsb, definitely a double layer. If no one has an answer for you as to the depth, I can get that number this weekend. But to me it looked like at least 3/4"-1" space. I pulled the Lund sunvisor off and those screws were all at least an inch long.

Sean Sills

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just pulled the headliner out of my 91 rcsb, definitely a double layer. If no one has an answer for you as to the depth, I can get that number this weekend. But to me it looked like at least 3/4"-1" space. I pulled the Lund sunvisor off and those screws were all at least an inch long.
Please do. It needs.to go over the back seat of the extended cab.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cause my recommendation would of been installing a metal plate/reinforce the roof so the bolts dont tear the metal going thought the roof. But I'm referring to a big caliber weapon that has a lot of recoil. Otherwise I would try to include a bolt through the reinforced area across the roof but I'm also referring to an suv. Plus having an interior doesnt help unless your gonna remove it and then place the bolts facing upwards then install the headliner... hopefully I'm not confusing you lol