1998 0411 swap fuel gauge is not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I just finished up my 0411 swap on my 98 K1500. Everything is perfect, except for the fuel gauge. Its pegged beyond full. Does anyone have any data on how to calibrate this correctly? I have EFI Live.

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's some photos of what's in the tune currently
You must be registered for see images attach

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is the easiest way to make the fuel gauge work, to just install a 96-97 fuel sender, 96-97 gauge cluster, and bypass the ECM? Go straight to the gauge cluster?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
First thing, what operating system are you running? If you use the wrong one it may not have the PWM driver enabled on the ecu.

These are the correct setting, adjust fuel tank size to match what you have. I use HP Tuners, but you should have these tables in your program, they might be called something different.

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
Is the easiest way to make the fuel gauge work, to just install a 96-97 fuel sender, 96-97 gauge cluster, and bypass the ECM? Go straight to the gauge cluster?

96-97 still use a pwm driver from the computer to run the fuel gauge. You can't run it "straight to the cluster"

kylenautique

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing, what operating system are you running? If you use the wrong one it may not have the PWM driver enabled on the ecu.

These are the correct setting, adjust fuel tank size to match what you have. I use HP Tuners, but you should have these tables in your program, they might be called something different.
Dude thank you so much! That was the issue. I had to run the tune through Tunercats to enable the PWM fuel gauge. EFI Live didn't support that for some reason. Its working now. This website is the best!