1996 Tahoe 2 Door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glin60

Reaction score
After owning over 20 cars over the past 24 years, this is my first Chevrolet. I like to buy project vehicles and fix them up as a masochistic hobby. Not a flipper as such, but I enjoy fixing broken things. So here's my 1996 Tahoe 2 door. It's a 4x4 with the 5.7. Grey cloth interior. 350k miles. Paid $700 at a local auction. Didn't come with keys, but a quick visit to the locksmith fixed that. Runs, drives, but is rough in general. I'll post more in other areas on the way to putting this thing back to respectability.

BTW, this looks like a really nice forum, looking forward to learning from the community and seeing what folks are doing with these rigs.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillacmak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After owning over 20 cars over the past 24 years, this is my first Chevrolet. I like to buy project vehicles and fix them up as a masochistic hobby. Not a flipper as such, but I enjoy fixing broken things. So here's my 1996 Tahoe 2 door. It's a 4x4 with the 5.7. Grey cloth interior. 350k miles. Paid $700 at a local auction. Didn't come with keys, but a quick visit to the locksmith fixed that. Runs, drives, but is rough in general. I'll post more in other areas on the way to putting this thing back to respectability.

BTW, this looks like a really nice forum, looking forward to learning from the community and seeing what folks are doing with these rigs.
Welcome from Alaska, I love the rig! All these two doors on here are making itch to find one! I have found this to be a great community with some wonderful people. The knowledge here is huge!

Glin60

Reaction score
$700? Great buy! Is the other side caved in or something?
Haha no, it’s straight and surprisingly rust free. Interior is gross and pretty rough, but most can be addressed with steam cleaner and a trip to the pick n pull.

Local wrecking yard auction, barely cleared reserve. Not having keys usually scares people at auction. Easy fix, back in business.