1994 TBI 350 Stretched Timing Chain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised it had a TBI style distributor. Mine had a Vortec style spider cap and a crank sensor on it with a black box PCM. Brother also had a 1995 TBI S10 with the same setup on it.
I don't know VIN numbers or option codes...but...there were at least two fueling styles on the 4.3L V6. I thought it was Chevy/GMC, but apparently not.

There's the typical TBI that we all know and love. My buddy has a '94 GMC "S10" with a V6, and it's got Vortec-spider-looking fuel injection. He was concerned that he needed a new spider assembly, and I told him that there were electronic-injector instead of poppet-injector units available for '96-newer. No such luck for '94--'95, because THOSE spiders are batch-fired not sequential injected. There's no spiders available for the '94--'95 AT ALL when he looked. He was very pleased when he installed plug wires, plugs, and maybe cap and rotor and his driveability problems disappeared.

I never saw under-the-hood, so I don't know if he had a crab-cap style distributor. I'll have to ask him.