1994 K1500 stalls only when brakes applied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something isn't adding up. Here's the resistance values for the TCC Solenoid per the FSM:

You must be registered for see images attach

Note the resistance through the solenoid (21-26 ohms) vs the TCC solenoid to ground. (Greater than 250K ohms)

Let's start there, make sure everything is correct, and then start connecting more of the circuit and ensuring that
we don't lose these basic measurements. (Right up to the point where we are connecting to the power source on one
end and the ECM pin on the other.)

In other words, making a connection and suddenly the 250K ohm resistance drops to near zero when this
power circuit should still be isolated from ground would tell us the problem is in the vicinity.

phantom 309

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you have definitely determined its control wire from the pcm to the trans,.. IF it was my truck, i would cut the lockup wire a couple of inches truck side above the trans plug, and drive it to verify,. then i would cut 2-3" from ecm plug, and string a new wire,. Twist and tape temporarily and see if things returned to normal,. Then solder and shrink etc if successful. jmho opinion.