1990 HVAC buttons not working properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oaklander

Reaction score
The HVAC control buttons are very unresponsive. Temperature and blower speed controls work well but the mode buttons and AC button are very hard to operate. It takes multiple presses to get any reaction.

Otherwise the controls seem to work correctly. It’s only the buttons malfunctioning.

I have found threads about issues with HVAC controls but nothing like this. Is this a known issue?

I guess that this could be solved by cleaning the contacts on the circuit board.

Jimmy D

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The HVAC control buttons are very unresponsive. Temperature and blower speed controls work well but the mode buttons and AC button are very hard to operate. It takes multiple presses to get any reaction.

Otherwise the controls seem to work correctly. It’s only the buttons malfunctioning.

I have found threads about issues with HVAC controls but nothing like this. Is this a known issue?

I guess that this could be solved by cleaning the contacts on the circuit board.
I attempted to clean that board on my 91 but I found mine was sealed really good so I decided to leave it be vs tearing it up trying to get in.