‘97 5.7 Build…0411, E-Tech’s, Cam, new style Spider With OEM size injectors…fuel pressure issues…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97SWBCHEVY

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Errbody…so a couple of ya’ll might remember a few of my previous posts about my lil project I’ve had going on with my favorite little truck for the last couple of years…0411 swap, heads, cam, long tubes…etc etc…how for now I have the Powerdyne Supercharger cut and bypassed out of the loop/equation for now until I can get a good base tune starting point…and last but most definitely not least..the donation I made to HPP Racing for going through the motions of doing some tuning and strapping down on their dyno unstrapping it, handed me a piece of paper that had a curved line on it…then proceeded to try to sell a methanol fog kit set up that utilizes your wind shield wiper fluid to hold said methanol…because the truck was running out of fuel around 4,000 rpm…and then added how he wasn’t able to communicate or connect with any info/data from the o2 sensors…

I recently put a new fuel pump in the tank & replaced the filter, but at the port to tie in and check the pressure I was still getting 49-50 psi…and then I realized someone had put an external inline pump on the truck which was no longer functioning…so I got a new pump to replace it and I put it on yesterday evening…basically wired it in the way the first one appeared to have been…which was ****** effort at best…the blue wire in the pic being held in place by a fuse then ran to the relay on the fender, one wire and inline fuse going from directly off of the fuse box which is hot 24/7…then one ground from the relay to the fender, and the last wire ofcourse running to the fuel pump…now I have zero experience with wiring stuff but I do know I don’t need that pump running unless I turn the ignition on…so how would ya’ll wire this up? I did take a few test runs and I feel pretty confident I’ve got the fuel/fuel pressure problem going in the right direction…with the exception of getting it wired in the correct way…
And again…any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!
Shane

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    318.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0214.jpeg
    IMG_0214.jpeg
    201.6 KB · Views: 2