‘89 RCSB Adventures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OBSOkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Productive Saturday.

Got my DJM 2” lowering coils on. Got the exhaust flange studs changed and leak taken care of. Did the ABS delete. Pretty good time.

Also figured out the mystery connector is the O2 sensor wire. So I need to figure that out. Didn’t notice a bung near the merge in the Y pipe but I’ll do a better look today.

Coils were fun to do. Took me a couple hours but was pretty easy to do. Don’t know if I needed to but I went ahead and trimmed my LCA gutters since I run 15” wheels. To me it don’t look any lower but I was def rubbing on some places around town I wasn’t before.

Also did the ABS delete to see if I could get a better pedal. It was pretty easy but I think I’m going to re bleed the system and see if I can get a better pedal but it’s def better than it was.

Got a good look at all my front end parts today and replacing all that stuff is definitely the next thing on the list with an alignment. Pretty wobbly lol.

Anyways, before and after pics of the coils. The one in the driveway is the before and the one in the parking lot is the after.

Last edited:

OBSOkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did some stuff.

Rolled my front fenders as they were rubbing pretty bad and did some damage to my tires. Interesting process lol. The cheapo roller I got from Amazon didn’t fit the lug pattern so I needed to do some fitting. After that it worked great.

Also removed the wiring for the old kill device that was installed. I don’t know how they are SUPPOSED to be installed but mine had like 4 grounds hooked up a relay and they spliced into a big ole thick purple wire under the dash. Was super easy to take out and clean up.

Also got my water temp gauge hooked up but not totally installed. Still need to get 2 more gauges. Do have my electric wiring sorted and ready to go. Looks pretty ghetto right now with a few wire nuts but I’ll crimp on the correct terminals once I’m ready to install it all permanently.

Little side project a ran and hid my bass control switch into my glovebox. Easier to get to I just had it hidden under my seat lol.

Need to get bulbs for my floorboard lights and glovebox didn’t even know I had those until I was under the dash tonight lol.
You must be registered for see images attach

OBSOkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the pillar pod got tired of my ghetto setup rolling around the dash. Was a PITA to install. Had to trim quite a bit on the bottom. Once I get the other 2 gauges I’ll pull it and trim it slightly more then paint it to match.

Anyone got any thoughts on what the other two should be? Kind of thinking about oil pressure and trans temp. I don’t really tow but keeping an eye on the trans seems smart.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Installed the pillar pod got tired of my ghetto setup rolling around the dash. Was a PITA to install. Had to trim quite a bit on the bottom. Once I get the other 2 gauges I’ll pull it and trim it slightly more then paint it to match.

Anyone got any thoughts on what the other two should be? Kind of thinking about oil pressure and trans temp. I don’t really tow but keeping an eye on the trans seems smart.
Ya, oil pressure and trans temps are good ones to have.

OBSOkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had a really nice day so got to work. Did my DJM c-notch, trimmed out above the diff and did some housekeeping while I was under there. Interesting feeling cutting all around the gas tank lol, I had a fire extinguisher under there with me. Went pretty smooth though overall once I made the first cut into my frame the nervousness went away.

This was my sketchy setup to raise the bed some. Basically just rose it enough to set bricks on the frame and let the bed ride on that.
With that and the axle sitting on stands fully extended I had tons of room to move around.

Trimmed out above the diff, read it was a good idea to do and it already had a small area
where it was rubbing the lower corner already.

Notch installed, used the DJM kit. Worked great and it's nice riding around not
hearing BANG! BANG! BANG! lol.

Just a fun pic. 4/6 is pretty much fully installed at this point. Still want to the Belltech upper shock mounts in the rear but thats pretty much it I think.
Kind of wish my front was a bit lower I feel like the rear tucks just a slight bit but the front doesn't.

Other than that I I had to tap a few of the holes on the bed that was messed up, and for some reason either the PO didn't tighten or the forward fastener
on the right side of the leaf spring came loose and the nut was at the end of the bolt. Coulda been bad if it had vibrated the rest of the way off and the bolt
managed to fall out.

Started about 0730 and finished around 1430 at the end of the OSU-Ark game lol. Many splinters.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you got the notch in, I couldn't imagine the racket that would make smacking into the frame.
It took time for my front coils to settle, and looks "right" now.
I'm measuring 29 1/4" at the front fender lip and 28 1/2" at the rear. But when I put a 4' level on the box, it's definitely nose down, where it wasn't right after installation.

OBSOkie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just went and measured, I have 28.75" in the rear and 29" in the front. Put a 4' level on it and it read pretty close to level lol. But I may be parked funny.

Im guessing the new springs still need more time to settle. I dunno lol.