Which drop kit for the front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chevyman1969

Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been discussed recently.
It has been about 13 years since I have lowered a fullsize so I am wondering what set up is the best these days? 1996 LWB
Upper and Lower tubular a arms (2" drop)
2" drop springs
OR
2" Drop spindles
2" drop coils
I am sure some will be opinions which I am cool with and others are based on experience which I really appreciate. So fire away.....

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please forgive me if this has been discussed recently.
It has been about 13 years since I have lowered a fullsize so I wondering what set up is the best these days? 1996 LWB
Upper and Lower tubular a arms (2" drop)
2" drop springs
OR
2" Drop spindles
2" drop coils
I am sure some will be opinions which I am cool with and others are based on experience which I really appreciate. So fire away.....
With drop A- arms you gotta be careful with pavement scrub with
A-arms they sit lower and it can be an issue usually only if your going with additional drop components on top of all that. Plus if your staying with a 15” wheel tire size it makes everything sit a lot lower to the pavement.

If 2” is all your after spindles are the fastest way!

Arms are good ~ they just cost big $$ and know your game plan going forward if you want to add or take from the drop once you have drop arms

A lot of people avoid drop (springs) as a stand alone drop .
#1 it’s the lengthiest install of all.
#2 so you can retain the most suspension travel (factory)
That doesn’t mean a drop spring is bad at all. Just No fun to install.

Tried and true is spindle and springs for 4-5” front drop just fyi.

Get a real alignment after your done ✅

Last edited:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im in the control arm camp, you get new bushings and ball joints, retain factory geometry and suspension travel and it’s only a little bit more work than the other options.

Chevyman1969

Reaction score
You guys are awesome..
My control arms are in need of replacement so getting a set up from DJM was the idea and adding 2" drop springs for a total 4" drop sort of kills 2 birds with 1 stone.
The other idea would be 2" spindles and 2" springs then of course still need new upper and lower control arms due to worn current parts. Wheels will be either 18" or 20" along with new tie rod ends, center link, idler arm and pitman arm. Then of course alignment

Chevyman1969

Reaction score
I absolutely love this truck, it has been well used slightly abused and neglected with 290k on the clock. Granted she was purchased as a fleet model Cheyenne she deserves respect.