Stuck with Solid blinkers once I added New led corner markers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got mine from SuperBrightLEDs.com way back in 2015, and they sure weren't nearly that expensive lol. Honestly, they're simple little components with a VERY low failure rate no matter what you go with - the cheapest ones on Amazon will probably last decades.
None of them will last decades. I mean, it's possible *some* might, but most won't, regardless of how much you pay. I've spent (wasted) plenty of money on automotive LED's and one thing that is almost guaranteed about them is they will fail WAY sooner than you would ever expect.

Richard

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the lights off the markers will flash in sync with the fronts, with the lights on the markers will alternate with the fronts, this is normal.

I was referring to the resistors, not the lights ;) I'm unfortunately well aware of LED failure rates lol
I to agree I was on to that hint … for some time .. which is why I stayed with bulb type tail lenses of all the things possible .. I kicked the led tails I can’t justify 100-300$ and then your done when they go out .. but I think a 5-9$ set of 3157 led bulbs of Amazon once a year or maybe 2 is fine …
The LED corners are cool it’s ok while they last I suppose .. if they go I’ll just thrown on and tint a non led pair for 25$

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what are you guys using for LED's in the deep sockets of the front park lights?
I bought from Superbriteled and they will not fit two of my trucks. Work fine in the tail lights but not front park lights.
I called them and emailed them and they don't care.
A regular bulb tapers at the bottom of the glass and does not get wide enough to interfere, every LED I have tried gets wide right at the top of the metal base and will not go deep enough to lock in to the socket.
I am having the same issue with park light 1157 LED in my Nova. They are a deeper socket than the tail lights which work fine with LED's.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought from Superbriteled and they will not fit two of my trucks. Work fine in the tail lights but not front park lights.
A regular bulb tapers at the bottom of the glass and does not get wide enough to interfere, every LED I have tried gets wide right at the top of the metal base and will not go deep enough to lock in to the socket.
I am having the same issue with park light 1157 LED in my Nova. They are a deeper socket than the tail lights which work fine with LED's.
I use a Ibrightstar brand on everything so far so good
You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@fancyTBI is right, that scotch lock will eventually be an issue.

Make sure to mount those resistors to metal, with screws or rivets. They get really hot. Like harness melting hot.

RacerM95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The 94 Dually has LED for all lights. we used LED flasher units. solved all issues now. no hyperflash

The only issue there is now, is the passenger side head light goes out when the headlights are turned on since I did the 4 high mod. I disconnect the 4 high mod light works properly

Lance 1992

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had/have the same problem with my original 1992 C1500 sockets. I surprised it is not universal. I tried four different bulbs and finally modified the sockets with a cutting edge run around the lip of the socket. See this video for details on how I fixed it.