Paycheck again at 71?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Good thing they marked the drain plug on the transfer case, so that the Ford mechanics wouldn't mistake the plug at the very bottom of the case.. for something else, like maybe the fill plug. :anitoof:

Richard
Yea, I saw that in the pic when I posted it. Kind of a "Fool/Ford Proof" thing.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Went to roadtest the F150 and experienced a shudder and lack of power. Transmission Fault at dash and CEL. Codes recovered: PO731, PO750 and PO753. Traced to a failed Shift Solenoid A. Showed 20 megaohms instead of between 20-30 ohms. Shift Solenoid B was supposed to be same ohms and read at 27 ohms. Torque Converter Clutch solenoid spec is between 10-16 ohms and measured at 15 ohms. Talked to transmission rebuilder and explained that if going to reuse electrical component, should test it. They did not. Gonna go ahead and install all 3 solenoids on Monday and roadtest again. Everything else shows fine with no leaks. My neighbor/customer is all good.