GMT400 - Community Scan Tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many in this thread got the Community Scan Tool just for that reason, but it failed to bleed for them.

Blue Max

Reaction score
Looking for a tool with instructions on how to program and ABS module. I have been told the GM TechII can do it. I cant find any local shops that have any idea about what that programming is. Issue is after a 4.88 gear swap front and rear with the PCM update the ABS light is on all the time and it reports a 3mph speed error from wheel sensor even when stopped. Speddo is dead on less than 1 mph error vs RADAR and GPS from 25 to 90 mph on speedo. VSS has been changed twice no change. In icy road conditions ABS still works and bypasses to prevent skids. Sure would like to get lite to be responsive. Any advise is appreciated.

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a module on ebay in an effort to use the scanner on my 2000 Escalade. I would like to keep the scanner for another week or so.
Hey Bob, making any progress with this or have you passed the scan tool to next in line?

Bob2650

Reaction score
If someone is trying to figure out if this scanner will do what you need the main MT2500 scanner version number is 2.2 The copyright date is 1988.
The MT25001099 Primary cartridge (copyright 1999) that covers up to 1999 is version 6.7
The MT25002988 Troubleshooter (copyright 1999) that covers up to 1998 is version 2.4

If anyone finds a list of what each version does please post it here. Snap-on has nothing about the MT2500 that I could find on their web site. I am surprised that there is no support at all for something that was so expensive when new.

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you still have the whole setup from the OP... that should cover 1988-1999 GMT400 trucks with the exception of ABS bleeding.

If you want to fully reprogram 1996 & later modules get an MDI or MDI II clone or one of the higher end Autel Tablets with the J2534 data adapter.

You can program modules with the Tech2 and a PC with a real RS232 serial port using standard DMA & IRQ addresses but it's a really unpleasant experience.
You can change some parameters with a Tech2 that you will not be able to access with any other tool.

You'll need to buy a single VIN AC Delco TDS SPS subscription for your VIN no matter what tool you use to reprogram control modules.
AC Delco Tech Delivery System Subscriptions URL

Last edited: