Control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostedObs850

Reaction score
I have a 95 c1500 and I’m debating on which control arms to go with… I’ve read to many bad things about Detroit axle therefore I’m not gonna go with them, I’ve read about moogs but I’m not sure.. Can anyone recommend a good company and a good set of control arms? Upper and lower

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good deal did u purchase them separately or has a kit?
Just went to the local NAPA, and just ordered uppers and lowers for both sides. At the time I got good deals through the woman's work.
I'm not a big proponent of ordering stuff online, never know what you are actually going to get.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Right off the bat I'd skip every "economy" choice on Rock. Go straight to "daily driver" category (that's the only other one they list; there's no "premium" or "heavy duty" etc.) that narrows your choices down.

I've heard the griping about Moog quality lately as well, but that's what I ordered. Haven't installed them yet.. truck is fairly driveable as it is (other than being held hostage at the transmission shop currently) but the control arm bushings are shot, so to get a proper alignment I'm going in and replacing everything. When I get some spare time. :anitoof:

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread from "ENGINES" and into "Stock Suspensions + Bolt On Kits".

Given a choice, I'd rebuild the existing arms with fresh bushings (Polyurethane) and ball joints ESPECIALLY if you have forged arms instead of stamped, or stamped/forged end. The downside to the Poly bushings is that while the suppliers provide inner steel sleeves for the lower bushings, they don't provide the steel sleeves for the upper bushings--and they're very commonly rotted away with rust.

Photos of my '88 K1500 upper arm bushings.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Although, on my '97 K2500, I put Moog upper control arms on it due to lack of time and enthusiasm to fabricate the steel sleeves.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Given a choice, I'd rebuild the existing arms with fresh bushings (Polyurethane) and ball joints ESPECIALLY if you have forged arms instead of stamped, or stamped/forged end.
I don't disagree with you on the poly bushings, but just an FYI OP's C1500 will have stamped arms, upper and lower. You don't get forged anything on a 2WD until you get to an 8 lug 2500 and those come with forged uppers. The Moog replacement stuff I got for my '93 C3500 looks just like OEM - forged uppers, stamped lowers. (All the 2WD's share the same stamped lower, other than of course the straight axle 3500HD)

Richard

BoostedObs850

Reaction score
I ended up ordering from rock auto and went with mevotech upper and lower costed me 499$ i couldve went cheap and saved 200$ with detroit axle but in my opinion its not worth the risk.. i will make a video of the install and how they are a year from now. I Done alot of research on every company that sells control arms and i will say u get what u pay for. 1995 chevrolet c1500 2 wheel drive

BoostedObs850

Reaction score
Right off the bat I'd skip every "economy" choice on Rock. Go straight to "daily driver" category (that's the only other one they list; there's no "premium" or "heavy duty" etc.) that narrows your choices down.

I've heard the griping about Moog quality lately as well, but that's what I ordered. Haven't installed them yet.. truck is fairly driveable as it is (other than being held hostage at the transmission shop currently) but the control arm bushings are shot, so to get a proper alignment I'm going in and replacing everything. When I get some spare time. :anitoof:

Richard
thank you thats what i did. ended up ordering mevotech 499$ shipped upper and lower