Collapsed Lifters 95 GenV Big Block

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of Polylocks from Summit,had one adjusting nut back off and scared the shiit out of me.,engine ran like crap.The only thing I could think of to do was to add a jamb nut to it,is that wise?

grampadirt

Reaction score
That'd work, at least temporarily--if there's enough stud above the regular nut to thread a jam nut onto.
There was about 3/8'' stud showing so I thought that would be enough.After I drive the Burb about 100 miles I'll do the new valve springs & polylocks at the same time.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just ordered a set of Polylocks from Summit,had one adjusting nut back off and scared the shiit out of me.,engine ran like crap.The only thing I could think of to do was to add a jamb nut to it,is that wise?
If, IF the studs' threads are OK, why not R&R rocker nuts with same OE "interference" type, but New?

Last edited:

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another delivery yesterday..

You must be registered for see images attach

Greetings grampadirt,

As a fellow 454 owner I've been watching with interest. Once you get these Polylocks installed
it would be great if you could include a photo or 2 of what it looks like? IMHO, one can never have
too many photos of the porcupine heads with the valve covers off. :0)

By the way, doesn't a nice quiet valvetrain make for a luxurious driving experience?
To me it's well worth the effort expended to achieve the dream.

Good on you for keeping another GMT400 gem burbling down the road.

grampadirt

Reaction score
Yes,I love this body style and will keep both of ours running as long as I can.I will for sure post a pic of the installation.For having over 276,000 miles on it my old burb still makes me feel good driving it and I get compliments on how it stands occasionally.I'm also a big block fan,I've had three :waytogo: