Anyone have experience with gmt800 trucks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If is affordable, I would cut my losses and get rid of it and go to a climate that sells trucks with no rust. I lived and turned wrenches in a rust state, for years, and then moved to PNW over 28 years ago. Nirvana out here with no rust.
it was given to me by my stepdad, 1) im cheap 2) I dont intend to artificially extend its life span (no frame off resto) and 3) it would be offensive (not in my eyes, but other peoples) to sell and replace the vehicle I was gifted.

AuroraGirl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I didnt take many pics once I got things together, but without an assistant to bleed I think i did a pretty good job (could tell it needs bit of a bleed but still good otherwise). The passenger rear I think im going t o spring for a new rotor and pads because the driver side is almost new wear wise. and at this time, the redneck lathe work (flap disk on angle grinder to the rotor, and sanding machine to the pads) caused them to bite very aggressively and im not sure if that will go away with "breaking "back into the rotor with some use. They dont drag but the heat build up comes quick and my guess is that is why. But I didnt expect that to be an A+ repair I just needed braking surfaces haha!

Inline tube is a great source for the axle mounted steel lines (2 pieces) for a gmt800, i didnt get the stainless even tho it was like 5$ more because the rest of my lines are steel anyway.