ABS MODULE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hummer369873

Reaction score
ABS MODULE ON MY 1998 330 GMC CHASSIS MOTOR HOME NOT WORKING. BLED BRAKES WITH ENGINE OFF, GET FULL PEDAL. START PEDAL GOES SOFT. DONT KNOW IF CAn still get module. Looking for ideas

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ABS MODULE ON MY 1998 330 GMC CHASSIS MOTOR HOME NOT WORKING. BLED BRAKES WITH ENGINE OFF, GET FULL PEDAL. START PEDAL GOES SOFT. DONT KNOW IF CAn still get module. Looking for ideas
Did you bleed the ABS with a scan tool? I never consider what the brakes feel like with the engine off.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
What makes you think the ABS module is bad? That doesn't initially sound like a module problem unless you have done more diagnosis, that sounds more like a master cyl or booster problem.

Also, please try to punctuate and use CAPS normally.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vacuum or Hydraboost ? What's a full pedal? Do you have ABS warning lights or did you pull codes?

Hummer369873

Reaction score
What makes you think the ABS module is bad? That doesn't initially sound like a module problem unless you have done more diagnosis, that sounds more like a master cyl or booster problem.

Also, please try to punctuate and use CAPS normally.
New master cylinder. Brake light will not turn off, brake switch is ok. Manual brake light turns off when taken out off park. My mechanic feels it’s the module.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New master cylinder.
Was it properly bench-bled? Doing a decent job takes more time and effort than most folks realize.

Brake light will not turn off, brake switch is ok.
Which "brake light" are you talking about? The one in the instrument cluster, or the ones at the back of the vehicle?

Which "brake switch" are you talking about? The one on the service brake pedal, the one on the park brake pedal, or the "safety switch" in the combination valve?

Manual brake light turns off when taken out off park.
I have no idea what this means.

My mechanic feels it’s the module.
Sure, that's possible.

Not real likely, though. More diagnosis needed.