2005 LLY Duramax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got her back the other day. All fixed on that side. Went camping and off roading this past weekend with a bunch of guys from the local 4Runner club.
You must be registered for see images attach

Thinking about selling though. I am in the hole for this repair, and plus my Land Cruiser which is getting a ton of work done to it.
Plan is to sell this and pay all this stuff off, plus any other bills and get myself another cheaper truck or car to daily. Then buy an southwest rust free Duramax, this time 8ft bed, 4 door.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
repair looks good and probably expensive.
duramax's aren't usually daily drivers, gotta have something to make them work.
i can't believe how well they tow.
4 door, 8ft bed would be tough in town or off roading.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes I can vouch for the difficulties inherent in daily-ing a CCLB. We do with Rawhide, in Houston, Texas and the suburbs.....and occasionally in Austin. The ATX is definitely not big truck friendly!
21+ feet of truck requires planning your turns, stops, and lane changes, and parking lot pull through spaces will be your best buds. But on the other hand, we have the comfort and even more space than in the Burb, and one ton 8' hauling capacity out back.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it wasn't cheap. I'd be fine with another 6.5' bed, however if i found a nice LBZ with an 8' then i'd most likely go for it.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes I can vouch for the difficulties inherent in daily-ing a CCLB. We do with Rawhide, in Houston, Texas and the suburbs.....and occasionally in Austin. The ATX is definitely not big truck friendly!
21+ feet of truck requires planning your turns, stops, and lane changes, and parking lot pull through spaces will be your best buds. But on the other hand, we have the comfort and even more space than in the Burb, and one ton 8' hauling capacity out back.
Yeah one reason i'd like the 8' is so i can get a good slide in camper. Most of the ones i've seen are for that size. You can get away with a bigger camper on the 6.5' however you'd have to put the tailgate down and all that.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a new daily. For 2k it wasn't a bad deal. 95 Park Avenue. I had a red 91 before which i had regretted selling. Always said i'd get another, and here we are. This has the 3800 Series II v6. They are really good motors.

I need to do a few things to this before i start driving it to and from work, so i'll most likely list the pickup in a few weeks. If it doesn't sell, i'll just hold onto it. Being able to pay off some bills from it would be nice though....