1989 silverado front end lights upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so i wanted to know if the corner lights and parking lights on my truck are interchangeable with the 1998 version?
Im planning on installing the aftermarket "euro quad sealed beam" headlights for a more modern look but i also wanted the aftermarket led parking light and corner lights. Thanx in advance .

Also if i wanted to swap to the 1998 grill but keep the quad sealed beam "euro style" would it work? Would i have to splice the corner light plugs?

You must be registered for see images attach

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parking lights and headlights will swap over to the 98 grille, no problem. Corner lights are year/style specific and will not swap over. Same plug and bulb, they just don't physically fit in the grille.

Mrbrown510

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah ok thanx i didnt want to cut anything seems like ill get the 98 grill?98 corner lights,98 parking led lights,98 led tail lights, and just get the lmc euro clear quad lights that way i dont have to splice any cables thanx for the help. Oh almost forgot i also have to buy a new bumper filler to install the 98 grill right?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah ok thanx i didnt want to cut anything seems like ill get the 98 grill?98 corner lights,98 parking led lights,98 led tail lights, and just get the lmc euro clear quad lights that way i dont have to splice any cables thanx for the help. Oh almost forgot i also have to buy a new bumper filler to install the 98 grill right?

You're welcome! And yes. You will need the newer bumper filler. Never done this swap myself so I'm sure someone else will be more helpful, but I believe you will need the center bumper filler and both side pieces, plus the fasteners.