Would someone be soo kind as to.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Post a pic of the top of their TBI motor, without the air cleaner on so I can see where all my vacuum lines and sensors need to be located?

I just swapped out my motor for a junkyard special and didn't get a good pic of where all those emissions related accesories and vacuum lines need to be.

I'm having such a good time with this swap I keep forgetting to take all the pictures I need to be taking.

I've gotten some great advice here and am loving this site.

Badass69

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't know if that helps at all.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Thanks, every little bit helps. I'm having trouble figuring out the accessories on the passenger side of the intake, the things that bolt to the top.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure we can help you out with them. You have a big one that's the esc module, no vac. I don't think, just a big flat plugin, then as pictured above the egr vac. solenoid, has a vac. line, thin one off the front of the tbi, a thick vac. line to the pcv in the valve cover, then back to the egr solenoid, the back side should have a vac. line going to the egr, it's the round can right behind the tbi on the ps of the intake, bheind the metal brackets with sensors. The back small thing on the bracket is the map sensor, it has a thick vac. line off the back of the tbi to it. Also has a plugin, 3 prong I think, and then you have a small 2 prong to the egr solenoid.

Now mine has the line going to the egr solenoid, at the tbi, splits off into another thin line that goes to the smog pump, front lower PS of the motor, some don't have this. It's called an A.I.R. pump. It has a plugin to it too. The front of the tbi has one in the middle thick sized going to the charcoal can, mines on the DS front of the inner fender, round canister.

Any other question just ask, but plugins are simple, they only fit one way, in one thing, not two, so it's hard to get mixed up. vac. lines is another story.

ignore my hand holding the bar lol.

you can see the egr here..

I can try to get more later, maybe next day it's warm here.

over top of the egr is the thick line that goes to the map sensor on the bracket, my egr line is silver, can't really see where it goes, the front of my tbi the charcoal can line is the one with a bolt in the end of the rubber hose.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Sweet! I think it's the MAP sensor that's got me confused, I sorta have it hooked up, just didn't know where to mount it....I'm thinking it goes to one of the last two intake bolts.

ndians68

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if you need any more i can try to get some in the moring for you.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea it mounts at the rearmost part of that bracket, you can get creative and mount it elsewhere if you want though.