Went for $8300 at BAT today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That color combo is growing on me. The fact that her truck is in such good shape, helps keep me from talking bad about that color combo.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am bidding right now on a 100k mile 2004 Avalanche 2500 with 4x4, 8.1 engine, 4L85E transmission with no rust or leaks and drives out great and no current or history and up to date on maintenance. I know all this because it is in Florence, Or. and I called the seller and went to his house, 70 miles away, and checked it out. It is a No Reserve auction and told him what I thought the worth is. I am at $8100 right now but auction ends at 11:30 A.M. PST on Wednesday. I would be out at anything over $9500. There is a 5% buyers fee that goes to B.A.T. with any winning bid. That 5% is $475 on top of the winning bid of $9500. So, $10k is my absolute limit. I doubt I get it though. It has one small quarter size ding right above the passenger side front tire. Other than that, it is straight. Has gobs of power and the center bulkhead folds down to make the bed length of 8' and can haul a 4' x 8' plywood. All the locking bed covers are in great shape and do work as designed. The center bulkhead glass can be removed and attached at the back side of the fold down bulkhead and there is not threat of glass breakage. The side to side bar, that separates the glass and bulkhead does disconnect and then there is a complete open hole between back of front seats and the tailgate.

If I win it, it is 1.5 hours away to pick up. I had a good time with the seller. He is a retired northern Ca. cop. He specializes in old Mustang refurbishing and selling. He has a really nice 65 Rambler Ambassador 2 door convertible that he is selling. If anyone is interested, PM me a cell number and I will text you the pics.

Last edited:

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I love that color combo, earth tones are where it's at.

I don't see myself paying that kind of money for one of these, but I'll concede that it sounds better than the alternative, which is putting it toward a new truck.

EDIT:
Bonus footage at the end- A guy at work asked me the other day how much I'd sell our 2002 Tahoe for, as he saw it sitting in the parking lot. Told him it wasn't for sale, but $8,500 sounds like a reasonable figure. Of course he balked at that amount, "How many miles?" "That's too much given the mileage, don't you think?" I didn't think so, given that's about how much I'd spend replacing it. I was semi joking when I challenged him to find another one as clean and in as good of shape as that one.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I love that color combo, earth tones are where it's at.

I don't see myself paying that kind of money for one of these, but I'll concede that it sounds better than the alternative, which is putting it toward a new truck.

EDIT:
Bonus footage at the end- A guy at work asked me the other day how much I'd sell our 2002 Tahoe for, as he saw it sitting in the parking lot. Told him it wasn't for sale, but $8,500 sounds like a reasonable figure. Of course he balked at that amount, "How many miles?" "That's too much given the mileage, don't you think?" I didn't think so, given that's about how much I'd spend replacing it. I was semi joking when I challenged him to find another one as clean and in as good of shape as that one.
The GMT800 Tahoes and Yukons are rock solid and better than the newer years. My 2005 Z71 has 164k miles and runs and drives like new. Actually handles better because I rebuilt the entire front and rear with Genuine GM parts and Hellwig front and rear sway bar kits. The only lean I feel in high speed curves and corners, is my body.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
I feel the GMT800 is superior to the GMT400. I've been under the hood of my '400 far more times than that '800. The '800 hasn't left me waiting on a tow truck either. (Yet) They're very comfortable and run really smoothly. I'd love to find the GMT800 version of my '89 K1500. If I did, I'd snatch it right up. Have only seen one similar. It was a 4.8 and I hadn't quite gotten my monies worth out of my '89 at that point.