Weird short on CTSY circuit and other electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djshott

Reaction score
I can’t figure this out, and I can’t help but think these issues are related somehow. These are the problems I’m having.

1. Can’t shift from park when pressing brake. I didn’t have this problem until the next issue started presenting.

2. CTSY fuse will blow, and when it does it’s relentless. As soon as pop in a new fuse it blow. So I’m assuming it’s a short somewhere in that circuit,

3. Air mode selector doesn’t work and air only blows on feet, but after some time it will eventually change from floor to upper.

On the first issue, I’ve changed my shift interlock solenoid (Dorman part 924-975) and I’ve changed out my broken Steering Column Shift Mechanism (Dorman part 905-101) thinking that would definitely solve the issue. It didn’t. This issue is really persistent.

On the second issue, based on the fact that this starter shortly after changing my broken passenger powered mirror, and broken driver side visor, I had a hunch the short in one of those two regions. I’ve looked at a good bit of the wiring harness for each and haven’t found anything obvious yet. But after messing around in those areas… suddenly the short is no longer causing problems and the fuse is no longer blowing.

On the third issue, this is where it’s weird. When my CTSY fuse is blown, or the fuse is removed, my air mode selector works great. But when I somehow manage to temporarily avoid a short on the CTSY circuit, the mode selector stops working again.

I’ve inspected the grounds I know about, and they all look fine. So I’m at a loss here. They seem like they’d be separate issues, and very well may be, but seeing as there’s a weird interplay between them.

I’ve spent a ton of time on this already. Any ideas or places to start?

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
could check here for any diagrams...

or maybe a close model year wiring diagram in the sticky section here would be sufficient to get some direction