Sparked two terminals in fuse box now no spark

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

That97obs2500

Reaction score
Hello y'all, I have owned my 1997 gmc k2500 for about 2 years. I'm freshly 16 and have started daily driving it. One day I noticed my fuel pump was loud so I checked the psi (45) its supposed to be at (60-64). I replaced it which then caused my spider injectors to go out. Them going out left me on the side of the road and had to be towed home. I thought it was just my fuel filter but it wasn't. So I replaced them but at the same time the injectors went out my relay went out. I pulled the top off the relay and manually made it activate. My helper went to go remove the relay with a screw driver and on accident sparked two of the posts in the fusebox together causing a spark. It blew one fuse so we replaced it thinking that was all. I double and triple checked I had all my connections in the right spot from doing the spider injectors and I do. I have gas flowing to it but now no spark to coil or plugs. I tried replacing coil and still no spark. What do I do?? Thanks in advance

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to forum, so you have ckd for voltage/ground at ignition coil ? And ckd fuses in underhood fuse block ? Is your check engine or service engine soon light on in dash with key on ? You can also download service manuals applicable for your truck from sticky thread above its titled 88-98 service manuals . Start there and let us know, good luck

That97obs2500

Reaction score
Welcome to forum, so you have ckd for voltage/ground at ignition coil ? And ckd fuses in underhood fuse block ? Is your check engine or service engine soon light on in dash with key on ? You can also download service manuals applicable for your truck from sticky thread above its titled 88-98 service manuals . Start there and let us know, good luck
I have power to coil but it's not sending it out anywhere. No codes showing from OBDII. Pinched wire somewhere is my guess.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So is ses (service engine soon) light on in dash with key on? Have fuses been ckd ? Is there power at fuses ? Have you downloaded service manual for your truck there is a fuel and emissions manual and electrical manual, fuel and emissions will have symptoms section that may help and codes section will need scanner and dvm for that, electrical manual incandescent test light and dvm will work but scanner also useful . You have to follow all questions in diagnosis and after problem found, re'ck and verify so you won't be hoofing it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1997 gmc k2500
WHAT ENGINE?

I noticed my fuel pump was loud so I checked the psi (45) its supposed to be at (60-64).
Is your pressure gauge accurate? Service manual says it may take several prime cycles to achieve max pressure.

If you did the test with the engine running, AND the gauge was accurate, the pressure wasn't all that low. Somewhat low.

I'm unclear--did you replace the fuel filter?

I replaced it which then caused my spider injectors to go out.
Seems unlikely.

at the same time the injectors went out my relay went out.
WHICH relay? Fuel pump relay?

I pulled the top off the relay and manually made it activate. My helper went to go remove the relay with a screw driver and on accident
"By" accident, not "on" accident.

sparked two of the posts in the fusebox together causing a spark. It blew one fuse so we replaced it thinking that was all.
Verify ALL fuses, including the huge Maxi-fuses. Remember there's more than one fuse panel.

no spark to coil or plugs. I tried replacing coil and still no spark.
Connect a scan tool, look for an RPM signal when the engine is cranking. No RPM signal, no injector pulse, computer doesn't turn on the fuel pump except for 2-second prime, and probably no sparks from coil.