servo pin mushroomed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started disassembling the servo for my rebuild and went to slide the pin out it but it gets jammed on the lip of the second piston, i can feel quite a big lip on the pin that is catching, anyone ever come across this or know what would cause it. i dont think this pin is coming out with out a press or a lof of hammering

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I started disassembling the servo for my rebuild and went to slide the pin out it but it gets jammed on the lip of the second piston, i can feel quite a big lip on the pin that is catching, anyone ever come across this or know what would cause it. i dont think this pin is coming out with out a press or a lof of hammering
Smack it out with a hammer. You wont be reusing that piston anyway...Grab a Corvette second gear servo. Inspect the pin for burrs and remove with a rat tail file, emery cloth or an angle grinder/scruff-waifer pad (medium grit is fine).

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smack it out with a hammer. You wont be reusing that piston anyway...Grab a Corvette second gear servo. Inspect the pin for burrs and remove with a rat tail file, emery cloth or an angle grinder/scruff-waifer pad (medium grit is fine).
I have it, i just thought since it didn't just slide out or at least wiggle that i would damage it.

Love the videos, have been a great tool for a first time rebuild for me

NickTransmissions

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have it, i just thought since it didn't just slide out or at least wiggle that i would damage it.

Love the videos, have been a great tool for a first time rebuild for me
Thanks, man. I'd estimate that i have to smack the pin through the piston appx 30% of the time.

caw_86

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I'd estimate that i have to smack the pin through the piston appx 30% of the time.
well you were right, took 4 or 5 wacks to get it out
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach