Service Engine Light On Highway Cruising...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On the 91 I just bought the SEL will come on after you've been cruising with cruise control on for a little while and it's not there when you turn the truck back on. It doesn't affect anything...it just comes on. My 93 s10 blazer used to do the same thing. I have no idea what it could be. I know I never got a code off my blazer when I would check it. I will check the silverado and see if i can pull a code or not. I doubt i'll get one.

Anyone else have this small issue?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I owned a 90 model that did the same thing, it was setting an EGR code at highway speed only, I changed the EGR valve and the egr sol. to no avail. Finally I pulled the intake off of the truck and the EGR passage in the intake was completely blocked off with carbon, I cleaned it and problem solved!

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My dads '02 Denali has a random cylinder misfire, that only happens when cruising down the highway, but once you get off the highway and cruise around town it goes out :shrug:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LS motor's are very prone because of their PCV and crankcase breather system's to get a lot of carbon built up in the intake, TB, and also have dirty injector's and it can make them miss and run poorly, I have cleaned several of them that were absolutely full of carbon!

TwitchZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it doesn't misfire or anything it drives perfect...just has the light come on. Only if you use cruise too...if you don't use cruise it stays off.