SEAT FOAM REPLACEMENT FOR BENCH SEAT WITH ARM REST QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
I searched youtube and google and the forums for answers and i have not found anything. I have a bench seat with armrest from an 88 obs and i want to replace the foam. Also of time i over complicate things so I am asking before i waste any time or money. I only see 2 kind of foam, for exposed springs or unexposed spring. Do i just check weither i have exposed or not and then just order the foam and cut the top foam for the armrest to fit? Do they sell a different foam kit for the seat with the arm rest? Any help would be greatly appricated, espically if you have put foam on the same seat. Thanks

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I searched youtube and google and the forums for answers and i have not found anything. I have a bench seat with armrest from an 88 obs and i want to replace the foam. Also of time i over complicate things so I am asking before i waste any time or money. I only see 2 kind of foam, for exposed springs or unexposed spring. Do i just check weither i have exposed or not and then just order the foam and cut the top foam for the armrest to fit? Do they sell a different foam kit for the seat with the arm rest? Any help would be greatly appricated, espically if you have put foam on the same seat. Thanks
You can’t remove the fabric off of the foam. It’s glued on the 88-94 trucks.

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
You can’t remove the fabric off of the foam. It’s glued on the 88-94 trucks.
I had it reupholstered and the guy removed what was glued to the foam and did not replace the foam, so the process messed the foam up, he used the factory material to make the new leather kit but the foam needs to be addressed. He did not glue it back to the foam. Really he should of addressed it then, but it is what it is, he told me after and it looks good just the foam needs to be replaced. I put in pieces of foam as filler but you can tell, at least i can. I will post pics now.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you have found a seller who sells the foam for 88-94’s?

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• E82BD01E-2356-41BE-A4A1-7962A4F0349B.jpeg
    E82BD01E-2356-41BE-A4A1-7962A4F0349B.jpeg
    397 KB · Views: 5

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
So you have found a seller who sells the foam for 88-94’s?
They all say 88-98 under the years. It shows 2 versions, one with exposed springs and one you have to cut the foam off the springs. Im trying to see if someone did it before with the armrest to see how they did it.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks to me like the springs are impregnated into the foam.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand the 88-99 claim. My 96 the springs are underneath the foam. Edit, I see now. Anyway, the 88-94’s had springs in them.
It sounds like, according to site, you have to cut all your foam off and away from springs and theirs will now sit on your existing springs. Unless someone here has done this, I certainly couldn’t verify how that would go.

Last edited:

98c1500onAIR

Reaction score
My question is more on the arm rest on the seat back, i do not see any foam kits saying with armrest. I wish i can find a pic of the seat frame on a bech with the armrest. I can cut the foam if needed, but what is the right way to do the seat back in my sititution is the question...