retrofit steering column with airbag

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spargewort

Reaction score
My daughter drives a 93 K1500 which does not have any airbags. Is it possible or even advisable to swap in a later steering column and wheel which has airbag technology? Or should I just find her a newer truck?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My daughter drives a 93 K1500 which does not have any airbags. Is it possible or even advisable to swap in a later steering column and wheel which has airbag technology? Or should I just find her a newer truck?
New truck!
I couldn't imagine the legal ramifications from attempting something like this and it goes wrong.
There are sensors, wiring and explosives.
Best to find another vehicle.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's waaay out of your your skill level. The electrics, the install, the fact it's an explosive device. Yeah the heads side of the coin is an additional way to save your life. The tails side is this isn't a home DIY project for the weekend. Unless your paying a bunch of PHD , and Master Degree mechanical engineers to retrofit this.
That's a Jay Leno deep pockets project.