Receiver differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Driver side rail where receiver bolts
You must be registered for see images attach

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These brackets on the inner frame each side don’t even know what that’s for . It’ doesn’t look like it’s a welded connected portion of the receiver
My entire frame is perfect this is only the last 8-10” at the ass end of the truck pretty much where the receiver bolts down …I think
I’m gonna remove it and ***** things !!
Something is wrong here .

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hang 50LBs on that thing until it's reinforced or replaced with one that's mounted on the vertical face of the frame, not the bottom flange.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it normal for the back end of a 1500 frame to have that spread/ gap as I have outlined ?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
replaced with one that's mounted on the vertical face of the frame
That’s what I thought myself . Are there any designed receivers that actually bolt to the flat side of the frame rails ? Like a c- notch for example bolts

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this gap between receiver and bumper and the tilt from an improper receiver bolted to improper location?

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it’s fixable at the very minimum.
I’ll have to probably straighten things out with bed off and run some reinforcement plates or something much like a C-notch plate to
( cover ) or (cap) that portion of the frame rails . I know nothing is split or seamed . It’s just bent evidentially