Random Multiple Misfire on all cylinders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papikev252

Reaction score
99 K3500 7.4L 454. I’ve been chasing this random misfire over a year. I’ve changed just about every sensor and part I can think of, I’ve also bought an Autel to view misfire counters and all sensors. The misfires only
start happening heavy when it’s warmed up and in closed loop. When I first start or drive above 1500 RPM, there are no longer misfire counters and it feels like it drives perfect. Here’s everything I’ve done so far: (not in this order)

• PCM
  • Ignition module and coil (ACD and swapped with known good one to verify part was good)
  • A malfunctioning mass airflow sensor
  • A faulty crankshaft sensor
  • verified ignition timing
  • both front oxygen sensors
  • distributor
  • Smoked intake and exhaust, no leaks
  • New EGR
  • Verified fuel pressure(KOEO-60PSI, Running-52 PSI)
  • Bosch fuel injectors
  • Cap and Rotor (2x)
  • Exhaust back pressure test to verify cats aren’t restricted
  • spark plugs
  • Both knock sensors
  • Ran GM top engine cleaner through intake
  • Both lower and upper intake gaskets (2x)
  • IACV
I’ve verified ECT is good, have done 2 compression test, both times all were 150-160 PSI. I have done leak down test, twice with acceptable results. I’m starting to think it’s maybe internal just wondering what next steps I should take before throwing money in this engine, really might just swap it out if it’s not a part problem. Here are some pics of some of the live data.

You must be registered for see images attach

At idle, warmed up.

Attachments

• IMG_1696.png
    IMG_1696.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1697.png
    IMG_1697.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 6

Papikev252

Reaction score
Mainly yes, sometimes it doesn’t show on certain ones but it’ll reset to 0 every couple seconds. Most of the time it’s always the same.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Don't know your engine mileage or your maintenance schedule, I would try lucas fuel and oil additive , in fuel tank and in engine oil.