Random Misfire P0300

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin e

Reaction score
1998 GMC K1500, 5.0 Vortec, 55K miles.
have been experiencing an intermittent misfire at the 60-70mph mark on the highway, it's a multi-cylinder misfire, usually 2-3 cylinders. The entire fuel system was replaced, Fuel pressure is reading within GM Specs. Within the last year, it has received, plugs, wires, cap, and rotor(feb 2023), MPFI Injector update(march 2023), Intake manifold gaskets, and a New coil and more that I'm forgetting I'm sure. the fuel pump, filter and lines were replaced last week and it helped with the misfire however it's still doing it and I'm not seeing or finding a visible reason behind it. Does anyone have ideas? Part of me thought to spark issues however its not consistently doing on it the same cylinders or with the same intensity. Possibly bad set of injectors? Right now im stuck on possible, Bad cap and rotor, failing ICM or coil, and the injectors.

docstoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When misfires occur how random or close together ? What cylinders are misfires on ? Does it happen at all engine temperatures ? Are plug wires routed in correct locations ? What weather conditions ? What road / load conditions ? Are any of these situations consistent ? With the mileage you have and all the parts that have been replaced I would think you would need scan data to track down possibilities. Hope this helps