Power windows not working on 97 silverado 5.7

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikes97k1500

Reaction score
Ok bought a 97 silverado not long ago and I'm trying to figure out why the power windows dont work but the locks, mirrors and lights do. Could it be the drivers door master switch? If that doesn't operate does it cut power to the passenger side as well?? I also discovered that I have 2 20amp circuit breakers where I should have 2 30amp ones could that be an issue as well?

JOHNGAAA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The answer is yes. If the master switch is bad or disconnected the other windows will not work. Check the wires where they come through the door hinge area, common fail point.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Is it all the windows don't work, or just one of them? If just one, could be the wiring harness in the door (where it goes in the rubber sleeve is a prime place for damage from pinching). Recently my crew cab's drivers door window wouldn't go back up after being put down. It was the master switch in that door; replaced it with a used one I got at the wrecking yard (and just hadn't replaced it before the problem). So the switch could be bad, often are, as old as these trucks are getting.